Thursday 26 January 2017

Bargain Brows 

Heeeey everyone!! I hope you have all had fun reading my last blog and possibly trying out the products. I just thought I'd post a quick wee blog coming up to the weekend taking a quick look at my brows and what product I use on them. Firstly I am whatever you can think of furthest from a makeup artist .. haha! Just thought id post a wee quick one as a couple of people have asked me what I use on them, and I'm pretty sure I use one of the cheapest pomades' on the market.. and who doesn't love cheap!

Soooo.. the Freedom Brow Pomade 'Chocolate' shade is what I swear by! You can pick it up from your closest Superdrug store for £5 .. unbelievable! Its so good and most of my friends were raging when I told them about it because it works just like their Anastasia Beverly Hills one. I have had my wee pot since possibly mid November, taking into consideration I use the pomade every day for my brows, I still am no where needing a new one.. super long lasting!! One thing I can say about it, is that it isn't a creamy as the ABH one. I always just put a small amount onto my hand first and work from this, the heat off your hand kind of melts it into a creamier texture. YES.. also I use the cheapest angled brow brush - Primark's finest! I think this cost me £2 at the most, it has the angled brow brush at one end, and the brow comb at the other.. super essential to comb the brows into shape before using the pomade.. or else its just a mess, and before you know it you've rubbed your brows of three times and text your friends to say your not coming anymore.. diva diva! All girls are guilty of this haha!

Hmm.. one last thing. For all the girls who are daring enough and wax and pluck their own brows, like myself - risky business I know! This week I tried the Veet Facial Precision Wax Strips on my eye brows - don't chat! I was shaking like a leaf but I'm that reliant on the brow pomade I was like 'ahh frick what's the worst that could happened?' and went for it!! I'm one of these people who can never find the perfect person to do my brows.. I'm so picky. I originally picked up the Wax Strips for my upper lip, but you know when ur sitting in front of the mirror thinking 'Jeepers they worked wonders on my upper lip, I wonder could I use them on my brows??' .. even though it doesn't state on the packet that you can!! I just went for it anyway, but for any of you who have sensitive skin I would try them on the upper lip before you venture to the brows. However for me they worked wonders, I was super happy with the results. I only used them for the top straight part of my brows, I didn't want to venture to the arch incase I ruined it - that would be a whole new dilemma!! I just plucked away the rest of the hair as usual, and I was so happy with the results. At the weekend then for my birthday I just filled in my brows as normal with the pomade, but I loved the shape of them and they looked so fresh - cheap and cheerful!! Even if you don't result to the wax strips long term, they would always come in handy if you have a big event coming up and cant get booked in anywhere for your brows .. happens to me on nearly every occasion, last minute Annie! 

Results..



So that's it for now, two more cheap products essential for good brows. I've ordered a new exciting skincare product for blackheads so ill be posting about that soon..

How brow dah??

MaireMe xx


No comments:

Post a Comment