Wednesday 26 July 2017

Get Glowy 🌟


HAPPY HUMP DAY!! Hellooooo my gorgeous readers, I'm back into the swing of things again now and hoping to be publishing a new blog every single week, if your lucky I might even blog twice a week!! Since it's Wednesday I thought I would post a nice light blog on how I maintain a 'glowy' look throughout the week, trying to avoid foundation at all costs!! I have LOADS of friends on Facebook and other social media sites who are away on holidays at the minute or who are leaving now within the next couple of days so I thought this post might be helpful and relevant for all you lucky holiday goers!

Now I said two minutes ago 'avoiding foundation at all costs', I am for sure, not saying I hate foundation! It is my all time favourite makeup product and I will be sure to blog about my top affordable picks soon. However, when it's clammy and warm (not that often in Ireland.. haha!!) I absolutely hate wearing it!! It's just because you be so warm it practically melts off your face and goes all patchy and disgusting looking and your contour is just no longer on fleek and your eyebrows have went walkies around your face - not good!! Also I don't know if it is me being silly but I feel like my skin breaks out so much when I wear foundation in the hot weather for the reason that, heat opens up our pores and if we are caking our face in oily foundation in hot weather it is getting absorbed into our wee pores, causing an oil build up (SPOTS!!) So to avoid looking like this I'm going to talk you through some quick steps which I think works for me, and the products I find best for it!

First of all, I think it is good to always have a tan on your face, just nice a bronzed look, not 'night out' tan, its essential for that glowy look! To reach this look I have been using the Righteous Butter Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion from Soap and Glory. The reason I use this product for my 'glowy' look is because it's more of a tinted moisturiser than a tan, therefore it isn't heavy on my skin. Another reason I use it is because it is instant, and washes off straight away again that night when I am cleansing. The tan also isn't extremely dark, because being realistic we don't want orange faces and white bodies, now do we? Its a great wee light lotion, takes two minutes to apply and works as an amazing base for that GLOWY look everyone is loving! Available at your nearest Boots store or online on Boots for only £8 .. LOVE IT 

Swish, Swish Bish.. ON TO THE NEXT!! Now that I have a fab base my glowy makeup routine takes five short minutes to complete. I actually can't believe I haven't blogged about this next product yet because it literally is my all time favourite!! It is the Coca Contour Pallet from Too Faced Products, not to mention all of their wonderful products are cruelty free, no wonder I love it so much!! The contour pallet is literally the best I have ever used, and smells so divine. It is a powder contour pallet and I used the 'deep' version, shown on the right, I known the darkest shade seems extremely dark but honestly it's the best for a deep contour. However, if you do have lighter skin it is available in a lighter shade. The pallet is £32 pound which is quite expensive, it is available from loads of places online and in store like Debenhams and also available on Beauty Bay. I know it is quite expensive, but girls I'm not joking, Kyle got me this a Christmas as a present and you wouldn't even know I've touched it. I use it every single day, and my sister also steal's it every now and then for when she is heading out.. see! I told you all sharing is caring .. haha!! To get my glowy look, after I apply my sunkissed tint lotion, I then move onto shade 'medium coca' on this pallet and give my face an all over go with this shade. It adds a nice colour and tone to the face, helping reduce the redness of any blemishes I may have. Then using a smaller brush I use shade 'dark coca' to help enhance the shadow areas of my cheek bones still having that slight contour, and TADA that's literally all that is needed from this pallet it works a treat!! DO NOT get me started on this pallet when I'm going for a more dramatic look.. ITS AMAZING! Also, Too Faced are a great website to shop off, at the minute they have a little welcoming code set up, if you enter your email address you are immediately given a 20% off code.. why not get on it?

Now to save me repeating myself about my brow technique, I use the same product everyday for my brows so if you want to check out how I do my brows, check out my  'Bargain Brow's blog. Literally everything you need to know about my brow's is within that blog. Brows are what I complete next, then onto my FAVOURITE step.. HIGHLIGHT!! I actually don't know anyone who doesn't love being overly highlighted.. it's one of my favourite things to do! I actually get excited to finish the majority of my makeup so that I can just highlight the hell out of it .. sorry! What better highlight pallet to use other than the most amazing Suzanne Jackson?? For anyone who know's me, before I blogged SoSu was and still is my biggest inspo, for anyone who doesn't know her or hasn't read her blogs (you are all crazy!), but other than that, get on and get following her, she really is truly AMAZING! So to highlight my glowy summer look, I finish it off with SoSu's 'GLOW BABY GLOW' highlight pallet which is filled with six outstanding highlighters .. aw they make my heart melt! The shades which I find work best for my bronzed 'glowy' look are 'Candy Crush', 'Melted Gold' and 'Peach Smoothie' now without even looking at them highlights, don't they just sound divine? I use these three all mixed together to finish off that lovely tanned glowing look. The pallet is available on a couple of sites including SoSu's very own website for 29,95euro or also available in any H.Sweeney Chemist or Gordons chemist for in and around £25 pound, but honestly well worth it! Also have this pallet since Christmas and not an indent on any of the highlights, very long lasting which makes it well worth the money! 

Now that is the top tips behind my 'getting glowy' look, to finish the look I always just darken my lashes with some mascara and that's it complete! I know there is quite a bit of reading but honestly the look takes a maximum of ten minutes to complete and works a treat for anyone who works in fashion retail or any retail who doesn't want to be working with the public looking like a zombie, but also doesn't want terrible skin caked in makeup.. it's a hard life for us girls haha!! I hope this blog was fun for all you lovelies to read and I hope you all picked up some tips from it. Keep me posted on all your 'Get Glowy' looks this week, I'm super excited to see them all!!

Lots of love,
          MaireMe xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment