Saturday 11 March 2017

'I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me'

 
SUPRISE..
 
 
 
 
Hellooooo my lovelies!! Again I feel like it is only right to apologise for how long I have kept you all waiting - I've just turned into a wee busy body and never get to sit my bottom down to write a blog!! As you have all seen on Facebook I have made it as a Richmond Centre Miss Earth 2017 finalist, and I am super excited about the experience and hope to bring great change and educate people with my eco message, however I'll keep that a secret for now. Anywayssss, alongside trying to balance Miss Earth plans, college, the blog and my job sometimes I just cant cram it all in, so please bare with me if my blogs are really spread out within the next couple of weeks.
 
Today I thought I would literally blog about a wee snippet of everything! Whilst I've been gone I have tried out some new facial products and if I'm quiet honest I wasn't overly impressed. Last week I put up a little boomerang of a L'Oréal Pure Clay Detox mask I picked up in Penney's for just 8.50 euro, and I just wasn't overly happy with it. In all honesty I do think it is going to be super hard to beat the Himalayan one from the body shop but I just couldn't take to it. I've used it about four times this week but it definitely doesn't give the glow the Himalayan one does, it was really light and nice to apply to the skin but it got very tight and uncomfortable towards the end, it just wasn't as enjoyable to wear as the Himalayan one. Also today when I was doing my makeup I really noticed a build up of blackheads again, which I never seen when I was using the Body Shops mask, the L'Oréal one just was not cleaning my pores as well as the Himalayan one did. I like to give honest opinions on products because there is no point in me promoting a mask through my blog just because its a bargain and it not doing its job right - so girlies overall I would just pay the extra money and buy the Body Shop Himalayan one!! I hope to get up the town this week to get another mask from their collection to try it out (listen to me 'up the town' as if I don't work there and be in it all the time anyways) - so I'm excited about that and of course will keep you updated on snapchat. That's another thing I meant to mention to you all, when I don't get time to write blogs I will always be sure to keep you updated through my snapchat story (its my new thing, I love it!!) buuuuuut I just haven't gained the confidence to upload videos yet haha!
 
On a much more positive note last week me and Kyle had the absolute privilege to be whisked of down to Lough Eske Castle and be two models for the day for his Photography Workshop !! It was an amazing day, I couldn't fault any of the team I went down there with, absolute professionals and their work was outstanding. I would like to thank Donal Doherty and Tom Nicholl for the experience. Also the castle is amazing, top class would definitely recommend you all get down to see it some day! 
 
 

 
Today I also wanted to show you my amazing transformation on my cheeks!! Actually that sounds like I got my cheeks done or something haha.. that's not the case! I would have suffered really bad from spot scars and red blemishes on my cheeks, and I really hated it because in my eyes my skin could be clear of spots but these scars and blemishes made it look so broke out all the time, I know the struggle girls and I know I'm not the only one who hates this!! BUUUUUUT.. I discovered Bio Oil!! I had always heard about Bio Oil before for scars of cuts and that but I never thought it was the type of treatment for spot scars, so I went to boots and picked up a wee bottle of it to try it. On the bottle it says allow 3 months before you notice any massive changes to the skin so I thought to myself right I'll start using it now then blog about it closer to the summer.. but oh my!! I have only been using the product for over one month and the results are actually amazing!! I even have to admit I do not use it faithfully every night, for the reason being its an oil, it leaves my skin really greasy - another pointer, do not use it during the day or before you put makeup on, it really sits on the skin and is really greasy, I would only use it at night! Other than that amazing product I mean it, just look at the difference!! I have never ever been more comfortable in my own skin..
 
Before
 
After
 
Also this week I was featured in DV8 Fashions Instagram story for outfit inspo.. well wasn't I a happy chappy when I seen that!! Girls there is some amazing bits in DV8 at the minute to suit all styles and at amazing prices! Alsoooo .. if you do buy some of DV8's latest don't forget to use the '#MyDV8' on your photos, and maybe you will be featured in next weeks Instagram inspo..
 


One last thing before I end todays blog was that last night I attended an outstanding event as a representative for the Richmond Centre's Miss Earth 2017, The Fashion Trail - organised by the most amazing charity The Play Trail. I was absolutely blown away by the confidence and pride oozing out of the children who had taken part in the fashion show, what amazing people they are - role models for us all!! It really opened my eyes to the work the Play Trail does for the children and I can not wait to work alongside them through my whole journey of Miss Earth. I will be raising some money for them within the upcoming months and if anyone wants to get involved or has any ideas of fundraisers we could do I am more than happy to help organise something fun to raise money for them! I've attached some photos from last night, including my little cousin Holly who was an amazing star in last nights show, not to mention all of the rest of the children - brightest wee stars!!




So that's me for now my wee lovelies, I hope that was a good wee update for you all on what I'm doing and where I'm at!! The blog has been way more successful that I ever imagined, having companies email you from America looking to get involved with it is just insane. I cant wait to blog about my whole journey as a Richmond Centre Miss Earth 2017 Finalist..

 
MaireMe xx




3 comments: